martes, septiembre 12, 2006

SEPTEMBER SONG (written by Kurt Weill & Maxwell Anderson in 1938, performed by Lou Reed in "Lost in the Stars", a tribute to Kurt Weill, in 1985).



When I was a young man courting the girls

I played me a waiting game


If a maid refused me with tossing curls

I'd let the old Earth make a couple of whirls

While I plied her with tears in lieu of pearls

And as time came around she came my way

As time came around, she came...

(When you meet with the young girls early in the spring
You court them in song and rhyme
They answer with words and a clover ring
But if you could examine the goods they bring
They have little to offer but the songs they sing
And the plentiful waste of time of day
A plentiful waste of time)

Oh, it's a long, long while, from May to December

But the days grow short, when you reach September

When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame

Oh, baby, I haven't got the time, for any waiting game

Oh, the days dwindle down, to a precious few

September, November

And these few precious days, I´d like to spend them with you

These golden days, I'd like to spend them with you

These precious golden days, I´d like to spend them with you


September song, September song...


Se la dedico, con mucho cariño y mucho mimo, a mi chico, que está en la mina...

Escúchala (la original) en http://www.joanncastle.com/tracks/s.html. En cuanto a la versión de Lou Reed, ¡cómprate el disco! ¡No lo lamentarás ni en cien años! ¡Besos, y buen día tengan ustedes!